Welcome to my blog!
If like me, you are a hopeless bookaholic, always in search of your next book fix, then Under The Cover is the right place for you.
So first of all, thank you for visiting my blog!
A little bit about me:
- I’m a 20-something French girl not currently living in France.
- I’ve been obsessed with all things English since I was 14.
- My addiction to books was somewhat under control until my second year of high school. After that things started getting a little out of hand.
- Music is my white noise.
- I’m often sleep deprived due to too many late nights/early mornings reading.
- My written French isn’t worth s*** (pardon my French)
- I have a coffee addiction that is almost as bad as my book addiction.
- The things I like are quite simple: music you can’t help but sing along, Instagram, my cat, the smell of coffee in the morning, sunlight in a room full of windows and a comfy bed in a room full of books.
But really, all you need to know about me is that I’m a sucker for…
If a book has a love story in it, I’ll most likely read it. Be it contemporary romance, steamy romance, horror-romance, nerve-wrecking romance, romance mixed with a bit of a thriller, biker-romance, badass-romance, soldier-romance, cowboy-romance, rockstar-romance…If there’s a love story and a hottie, it’s for me! Well, most of the time. And if there is the added bonus of some steamy, knock-your-socks-off cavorting, chances are it’s already been read or it’s on my TBR list.
I’ve been reviewing books for some time now but it’s still relatively new to me. Reviewing is something I like doing to….let go of the books I’ve read. It’s sort of therapeutic, (like a much needed book-hangover remedy) otherwise, I have endless internal monologues about them and I usually end up arguing with myself over different opinions and theories….(don’t judge me. I know you do that too.) It’s also the only way I found not to talk my friend’s ears off once I’ve found and finished a great book or serie. So this is the purpose behind Under The Cover.
A bit of a warning for the readers out there:
I won’t promise you the top notch kind of reviews. In most of the reviews I write, I don’t do in-depth analysis of the plot and characters. It might happen with some books when I feel really inspired. But mostly, my reviews are about what I liked and didn’t like about the books, some thoughts I had while reading them and some musing I had after finishing reading, the crushes I had on the male characters (my book-boyfriend list is endless), etc…Sometimes they’ll be very short, other times they’ll be more detailed.
One thing I can promise though, is that you’ll have my honest opinion on the books I have, am and will read. Hopefully, you’ll find them of your liking and *finger-crossing* a bit useful too.
Also, I’d love to hear about your recommandations on books that are not yet in my TBR list, what you think of my reviews and your thoughts on the books you’re reading, so don’t be shy and drop me a line 🙂
Oh, I almost forgot, you can also find me here↓